Concealed Carry Permit - Concealed Carry Permit Office
410 South High St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Business Hours Monday through Friday 8:00am till 2:00pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday and all Legal Holidays
Applications are accepted by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call the Concealed Carry Office. Emergency Applications do not need appointments
How to ApplyTo qualify for a CCW in Ohio, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be an Ohio resident for at least 45 days.
- Be a resident of your home county for at least 30 days.
- Complete the required 12-hour course to obtain your Certificate of Competency.
Do NOT bring a firearm with you when applying for or picking up your license!
To obtain a Concealed Carry Weapon's (CCW) permit, first-time applicants must:
- Make an appointment with the concealed carry office (614) 525-5090 8:00am to 2:00pm Monday - Friday.
- Be a resident in Franklin County or an adjacent county for 30 days and Ohio for 45 days.
- Fill out an application completely to include your address dating back to the age of 18.
- Have a color photo, passport size 2"x2", taken within 30 days (many photo shops, drug stores, groceries, and similar businesses that handle photo development may be able to help you obtain this size photograph).
- Have a valid identification, driver's license, state I.D., or passport.
- Pass a criminal background check and mental competency check.
- Have an original Certificate of Competency or Prior Equivalent Documentation (We do not Keep the Certificate).
- Pay the non-refundable fee (cash, exact change only, cashier's check, or money order):
- $67.00 New
- $50.00 Renewal
- $37.00 Emergency
- Additional $24.00 for a FBI Background Check (If not an Ohio resident for last 5 years.)
- Submit to having your fingerprints electronically scanned or inked and rolled onto a card.
- An appointment
- Application filled out
- 2x2 photo not require
- Previous address portion not required to be filled out
- Your CHL permit
- Valid identification
- $50.00 Renewal fee
If you have ever been prohibited from having a weapon under ORC Section 2923.125, you must provide court documentation granting relief for disability.